Subject: Re: [Leica] Ambivalance
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:35:22 -0700

Hi Rob,

I understand your situation.  I've been shooting with a Leica for a
short time, and the first few months were very difficult, coming, as
I had, from years of using SLR cameras.  Compounding the difficulty
was that I didn't shoot with the Leica a lot, and I was constantly
going from the rangefinder to the SLR, sometimes using both on the
same shoot.

As you've discovered, the cameras, and the techniques for using
them, are very different.  However, after a few months I started
using the Leicas more often - almost daily - and I feel a lot more
comfortable with them.  I don't believe two months is long enough to
overcome SLR habits and to develop good techniques and skills for
using a Leica, especially if you don't use a Leica every day, or
close to it.

Give it some more time.  Use the camera as often as possible.  You
can always sell it later on if it's really not the camera for you.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"Grain is the brushstroke of photography." - Man Ray