Subject: Re: [Leica] New group member
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

Edward mortimer wrote:

Hello Leica Enthusiasts, I just thought I would introduce myself to all

of you on this mailing list.

My name is Edd Mortimer I live in the UK and work for the UKs leading
photographic retailer. I've been into photography since I was 11 (I'm
now 28) Ive owned and used many camera systems over the years from pin
hole stuff to large format, I even did a degree in photography so I
could learn more about the subject.

But now I am about to own my first Leica, Ive just had a rather good
tax return so I though I would spoil myself, forget what else I could
spend the money on, and own a true photographers camera. WooHoo
Welcome to the LUG, Edward! I hope you enjoy the stimulating posts of
which we are all thankful. I've bought a couple of Olympus cameras and
other stuff from "the UK's leading photographic retailer", at the
Wolverhampton and Birmingham branches, in the past. Never bought Leica
there, though. Most recent was an OM-2n with a 1 year warranty (used,
of course, b ut an excellent buy!) plus a bag and other bits and
pieces, in June 2000 when I was visiting the UK from Indonesia.

What Leica gear are you thinking of buying, by the way? Leica makes
excellent SLR cameras and lenses, plus some other stuff that some
people seem to like ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray