Subject: Re: [Leica] model releases etc.
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:15:55 -0700

In Europe, especially after Princess Diana's death, as I understand it, laws
are much stricter.  Perhaps some of our colleagues form other parts of the
world can share with us their understanding of their local situation.  For
those of us who like to travel internationally and take photos of local
people it sure would be helpful if there was a source that documents
customs, etiquette and legal situations with respect to photography in
various countries around the world.

In San Jose Costa Rica, I've found that a simple questioning nod (while
smiling, of course) and pointing to my camera is sufficient to get the
subjects' permission to take their photo.