Subject: Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:13:56 -0700

Your numbers don't make sense to me. Don't you enlarge your scan to make
prints?

If I scan a negative at 600 dpi, I have to enlarge it by a factor of 8 to
fill the 8x10" print. That works out to 600/8 or 75 dpi on the print. It's
not hard to tell the difference between a 75 dpi print and one at 600 dpi.

At 2700 dpi (the max for my scanner) I get 2700/8 = 334 dpi on my 8x10.
That's still less than half of what the printer can produce. Bring on the
4000 dpi scanners. I can use them tomorrow!

Mike Quinn