Subject: [Leica] QL, CL and TopTen
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:08:07 +0200

I received this from friend in January or so..
Maybe it'll help you decide.. :-))))))

TOP TEN REASONS WHY NOT TO OWN A LEICA

10) Zeiss lenses
9) Nikon F
8) Henry stopped making the model T
7) the company defined going "high tech" when it added light meters
6) 1970's Japanese fixed lens rangefinders
5) Germany also made Practica
4) CL's were really Minolta's
3) $200. Koni-Omega 6x7 rangefinders on ebay
2) Sam Abell switched to Canon

and the top reason not to own a Leica is:

1) Canadians claim they made the best versions

old but still good :)

As for my opinion: get beaten-up M3. AFAIK those M3 are relatively
inexpensive (but still too much :) and trusty picturetakers.
CL is not all that smaller, CLE is electricity (I don't like
this word starting with a bat ^v^ as I never know when to stop
adding tt and rr's) dependent. :)

Just my nanogrand :)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace