Subject: [Leica] charlie harbutt (was re: no more leicas)
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

i had a workshop with charlie (former president of magnum) -- two actually
- -- and his wife joan. and while they've been known to use a leica or two
or three in their day, they requested that the class use canon rebel g's
on program mode. for which i think they had a great reason -- it's not a
class about photo techniques, (said they) it's a class about capturing an
image -- they wanted everybody to concentrate only on framing their image
and capturing it at the decisive moment, not about any technical stuff. we
shot on ilford xp2 and developed at the local 1 hour lab. after that, you
can go do what you will. it was a nice class. i definately didn't see him
as towing the canon line -- in fact, he was oblivious to any conversation
about equipment -- he just didn't seem to care one way or the other. he
wasn't impressed in the least by my barbie stickers on my little leica
either. argh.

kc