Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Exposure Meter
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:14:29 -0700

The figures you give sound off the wall, unless you have transposed
the numbers, and meant to say 1/8 to 1/10 at f 5.6 and 1/250 at f2.
If the latter, then the Leica would appear to be underexposing by one
stop.

I found that to be exactly the case when comparing my M6 TTL to my
FM2 and FE2, the latter two cameras agreeing with each other so
exactly that it was frightening.  Then, someone pointed out to me
that the Nikons are center weighted and the Leica uses a broad spot.
So, I next compared the Leica to one of the Nikons aiming at a
uniformly illuminated wall and close enough to the wall that it
covered the entire field.  In this test, the Leica agreed with the
Nikon.

I hope this is what you are running into.

Herb

I bought a second a second hand M6 (non TTL) last week and had my first
>shot
>tonight.  However, I found the exposure meter is so strange, it   gave EV
>lower than the EV given by Nikon FM2 or F70D, for example,
>
>FM2 / F70D (ISO 100 film)
>Shutter Speed: 1/8 - 1/10
>Aperture Value: f2
>EV: ~5