Subject: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:00:05 -0400

After years of struggling with metal reels I have just bought a Paterson
super system 4 tank like I used to use. What I forgot, however, was that
the Paterson tanks take very little developer - 290ml for the 35mm
single reel tank. I have been getting very good results with XTOL 1:3
but 290/4 is only 72ml of stock & Kodak says that 100 is required. Is it
OK to fudge the 100ml requirement, or should I go to 1:2 dilution?

BTW, before I get jumped on for turning my back on tradition, I still
prefer metal reels for 120.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question)
Reply from John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net> (Re: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question)