Subject: RE: [Leica] Mods to the 35/1.4
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:44:06 -0700

At 11:31 PM -0700 6/10/01, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Only at Infinity?  That seems strange...... and seemingly unlike Tom...
>
>Tom... are you out there to respond?  Feeling well enough to add fuel to
>this fire?
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net
>

>Tom's 21s only focus correctly through the rangefinder at infinity.
>
>John Collier
>
>>  From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
>>
>>  Tom A has had the 21 SA modified.... that was the start of my rambling
>  > thoughts.....

Just to let Tom have a bit of rest....

Yes, John is quite correct. If you think of what the focussing cam is
doing, you'll see that adding a magnifier to the windows will throw
off their proper focussing relationship. This isn't that much of a
problem with the SA, as DOF is usually quite enough. With the 35's,
things wouldn't be so good, especially at f/1.4.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com