Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor-winder vs. drive CALM & QUIET. ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:31:00 -0700

Dan Post wrote:
>>> Ted-
> You are a true gentleman! You are the type of guy that can send back an
> incorrectly cooked steak to the kitchen to be re-done, not take it out on
> the waitress/waiter and still leave them a good tip if they straightened
out
> the problem!!! "Calmly and Simply", as you put it gets much better results
> than ranting and raving, <<<<<

Hi Dan,
Thank you. The truth is, it took me a few, well OK, more than a few years to
learn more things can be gained with being just plain nice and treating
others in a manner you'd like to be treated yourself! ;-) It's just plain
KISS! Confrontation begets nothing!

We've all been on the receiving end of a mouth blaster assh.....e, who is
all mouth with a brain the size of a pea and for all his ranting language
all it got him was a big fat zero! Blood pressure up, eyes bulging, beads of
sweat on the forehead and possibly a pounding head ache! ;-

Mean while, you are perfectly calm and let him rant on, he's the only guy
suffering, you just keep relaxed, calm and let him finish, by then he's so
wrung out and mentally warped he can't understand why you're not screaming
back him.

That's when you quietly say something completely off the wall like "Gee
fella have a nice day, you really should do something about that !" And walk
away! You are still calm and quiet! ;-). I know it sounds ridiculous, but
which would you rather be?   The ranting assh...e or calm and cool? Not too
hard to figure out the correct answer pretty quick.

I've been known in my day to let loose, but when you reflect on the
situation, you realize you were the only one with the wildly pounding heart
and frothing at the mouth.  While completely looking like the idiot!

Calm and quiet is much easier, besides it usually gets far better results.
And that's how I approach Leica if there is a situation requiring some good
old fashion attention. The surprise is, the service folks really want to be
helpful, as they also take great pride in the service they give and the
Leica product they service.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant