Subject: Vs: [Leica] Russian Leica Copy Heresy
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:04:31 +0200

Hmmm, for the price of a good Leica book you get a Russian Leica copy!
My Zorki (Leica II copy) has a misaligned rangefinder, but otherwise is
in excellent cosmetic condition. It doesn't bother me since I use it as
a functional toy and display item. For this purpose I wouldn't want to
invest in a "real" Leica in equivalent condition. If you are also
interested in the big rival, the Contax, you will find that a good Kiev
is to find than a rusty Contax with rotten leatherette.

Its not the real thing, but better than a picture in a collectors' book.
And the early Zorkis, Feds and Kievs are very close copies of the real
things.

Hans-Peter