Subject: [Leica] re: deserve this leica
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:40:43 -0400 (EDT)

rp says:

>You are not a photographer, no way, no how.  Now a storyteller... a
>raconteur, yes.  When I am blue and bemoan my fate, I reread some of your
>stuff (usually the story about Hemmingway, HCB, and you) and snort milk
>out my nose.  Picks me right up.

that's true -- i'm sort of like weird al. i think it might boil down to
the fact that i've been looking for tutilage under the wrong people which
has strayed me from the direction in which i belong ... i'd been told a
couple years back that an image needs to stand on its own, without
explanation, text, or additives and i started trying to do that, but am
slowly coming to realize that text and images need not be mutually
exclusive and i ought to stick with photos and funny captions. worked for
william weggman in the 60's.....

kc