Subject: [Leica] re: superwide freshness
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:48:52 -0400 (EDT)

>http://shop.xootr.com/xootr/xootrwatch.asp?
>
>I found this photo quite interesting
>enough to suggest you comment on it.
>
>It seems to me that it comes through with an uncommon freshness
>and exemplifies the notion of "street photography" percolating to the
>world of advertising / marketing youth oriented products.

nah, you just don't read enough skate magazines.

it's just a rectilinear fisheye or adapter (can't really tell on the low
res scan) which makes it look more interesting than it actually is. pick
up a copy of "thrasher" next time you're at the barns n' ignoble. the
in-your-face-with-a-fisheye is a staple of skate-coture.

here's a much better example from the current issue:

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/images/content/c950.jpg

k "have skate, will break wrist" c