Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Copyright questions, in defense of the R8.
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:12:53 -0500

tedgrant@home.com (Ted Grant)6/21/017:25 AM

> So my friend it's nice to read positive hands on comments about
a very fine
> piece of Leica gear.

I find most marvelous, the seamless way in which the R8, in
manual mode, comes up to the eye and functions almost identically
to the M6. No other SLR feels this way.

When ever I worked with the M's and a Nikon F5, together, my
mind/body had to constantly adjust back and forth to the switch.
But working with the R8 and M's, together, everything feels very
similar and in exactly the right place. The metering functions in
a similar manner, etc. Now, however, the R3 feels horrible in
these regards. The metering in the R3 frustrates the hell out of
me, unless it's the only camera I'm using, which rarely occurs,
and so it sits in the bag as emergency back up only. And I long
to replace it with another R8 (suffering from gear addiction).

George