Subject: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder and Wide Angle Lenses
From: Irving Greines <igreines@GMSR.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:32:06 -0700

Mxsmanic suggests that it might be easier to simply use a diopter, rather
than buy the M6 TTL body with the 0.58 viewfinder.  That sounds correct, but
it doesn't work--at least not for me.

I wear glasses and use an M6 with a 0.72 viewfinder and a diopter. I need
the diopter because when I use a wide angle lens and wear glasses, I can't
see the full image in the viewfinder;  however, with the diopter and no
glasses, I can see the full viewfinder image.

I have been tempted to buy the body with the 0.58 viewfinder even though I
have the diopter.  The reason is if I use the diopter, I can't use my
glasses at the same time--the viewfinder is blurry with my glasses on.  Yet,
when I'm looking at the real world I need my glasses.  So, there is a
constant shifting between wearing glasses and not wearing glasses. A pain.

The 0.58 body would solve the problem.  Wear glasses all the time; don't use
a diopter; see full viewfinder image with wide angle lenses.