Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: still more scanning OT
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:39:06 -0400

Bill Lawlor <wvl@infinex.com> wrote:

> Second, has anyone any opinion on the Epson 1640 SU
> Photo scanner with transparency adapter? It claims
> 1600 dpi, which would be impressive when a medium
> format neg or slide is scanned. Is this a bargain at $400?

IMO the 1640SU is top of the line in its price range. For my occasional MF
pic-taking and print scanning it has done a fine job. I'd take that 1600dpi
rating with a grain of salt, though. I've scanned at 800, 1600 and
3200dpi...I don't think the scanner is resolving much if any additional
detail at the two higher resolutions. The higher pixel counts are useful
when printing.

- -Dave-

Replies: Reply from shooter@linux-info.net (Re: [Leica] Re: still more scanning OT)