Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Motor M experience
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:10:26 -0400

Since we got sucked into shooting weddings we decided to make it as
enjoyable and lucrative as possible.  Now we've reached that level almost
all of the time.  Some weddings are NOT fun (you find out by trial and error
which people should NOT  appear on the same pictures [never, never, never
... didn't they tell you that?] and the groom and his grandfather are having
a great time getting drunk ...)
I have Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder attached to both M6s and I can't imagine
shooting without it.  For me it was some kind of necessity because my right
eye is useless for focusing and I didn't want to miss throwing of the
bouquet by removing the camera from my left eye for winding.  I didn't like
the big, expensive and loud motor.  After practicing for some time I can
shoot now two to three picture of the flying bouquet.  I never worry about
running out of batteries, noise or mechanical failure.

I'm sure that the motor is a good thing and perhaps a must-have for some.  I
feel Tom's RapidWinder is a real alternative that I would test before I buy
the motor.

Jörg