Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Where We Post From [OT]
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:22:46 -0400

And a right-on opinion it is....;-)

I'll never forget sitting on the bus taking a load of potential
inductees from Washington, D.C., where I was attending college, to
Baltimore and our physicals...There were four of us white college boys -
all with piles of letters from Dr.s, shrinks, etc. - and the rest of the
seats were filled with black inner city folks....not one of whom carried
a single letter....Guess who was drafted and who didn't serve....

B. D.

BTW - Forget the Pentagon Papers - anyone who wants a refresher on the
reality of those days should pick up a copy of Neil Sheean's "A Bright
Shining Lie" ....