Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Bokeh'm - Help for Ted!!!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:56:01 -0500

Ted, you wrote:

>such a major part of the photograph? I was thinking I had failed as a
>photographer, my goodness it was a terrible dilemma. Had I been wrong lo
>these many years because I hadn't created a nice out of focus look?

Obviously you need major help and I am here to do it.I immediately got our
your book "This is Our Work" and looked through all the plates.  Plate two
of nurse Miller has to be excised from the book.  Look at the terrible
Bokeh on the thing dangling by the right side of her head and also beside
her left ear!!  Also the same as to Plate 69 - look at the terrible double
image in the window of the white blobs.  This will never do.

On the other hand by so looking at your book I found that I had perfected a
new way of appreciating pictures.  I found that I was only looking at the
out of focus image, plate after plate and enjoying it.  I also came to the
conclusion that what else was in the picture had no importance at all as I
never looked at it.

Conclusion, you are wasting your time taking pictures in focus.  Set all
your lenses at f/1.4 and the closest focusing distance and then just snap
away.  Since you have been so helpful to me in the past I won't charge you
for this invaluable help

Yours for fuzzy images,

Dick H