Subject: [Leica] WAS: Bokeh'm somebody, naw nuke it! ;-)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:19:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Grant wrote:

So before any of you who've just learned this bohek word and effect for

the first time don't sweat it, forget it, go take your pictures with
the
innocents of yesterday, have fun without the bokeh dilemma! :-) :-)

It don't mean nuthin' anyway! ;-)

Ted,

I agree that the concept of bokeh can be overemphasized and that, in
many cases, it's of no consequence. Two things I'd like to say,
however:

1. The importance of bokeh depends a lot on one's type of photography.
For example, both wildlife and portrait photography can be enhanced by
good bokeh or can be marred by the lack thereof.

2. Most high quality lenses (especially Leica) render good bokeh so
it's usually a non-issue. However, there are still some "dogs" out
there and, if you see a picture with significant out-of-focus areas
taken using a lens with ugly bokeh, it's not a pretty sight!

Just MHO.

Regards,

=====
Ray