Subject: Re: [Leica] cleaning...
From: Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:57:45 -0700

Hi,

> >again, "basic" questions...
> >
> >there is a sea of cleaning tissue and fluid manufacturers on the market. do
> >we know if something is better than the other? what do you guys use on your
> >treasured Leica lenses?

ROR is known to cause swirls as it is pretty difficult to remove.

When breath and elbow grease just don't do it, I use some Zeiss lens
cleaning fluid which I got from B&H. If you apply it to a micro fiber cloth
and wipe the lens it really not all that bad. And I assume that Zeiss lens
cleaning fluid won't harm Zeiss lenses... I'm not saying it's THE BEST, but
I've found it sufficient for my needs.

But I haven't tried other products. I hear that Photographic Solutions make
some pretty cool stuff. www.photosol.com
You can get a sample from them and try it out...

Tom

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] cleaning...)