Subject: [Leica] Fresh Meat
From: Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:42:27 -0700

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a used Leica M, made a WEB site for
photography, bought a scanner, did some tests. started a paw - only one
image
for now but have material for past 4 weeks, have been printing some 8 x
10s
on an inkjet printer, bought another book on PhotoShop, made a portfolio
of
old images from Thai-Cambodia border, joined LUG, and have been spending

hours digging through boxes in the garage and classifying slides and
negatives going back to high school in the 50's.

With that for an introduction, my question has to do with cropping. The
guy
at Keeble & Shuchat who sold me the Leica showed me some nice BW prints
from
his trip to Cuba - all of which are full frame.  I've hardly ever
printed
pictures full frame. 8 x 10 speed easels didn't seem to match 35x24 mm
or 2
1/4 square negatives years ago. But then I've almost never cropped any
slides. (Let's see.  Make a 'L' with thumb and forefinger and hold in
front
of the projector to get rid of that annoyance on the lower left of this
next
picture...).

Habitually, do you crop images when printing them?

Dave Hillman
http://www.hillmanimages.com/bw/index.html

Replies: Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Fresh Meat)
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Fresh Meat)