Subject: [Leica] Read this!! Digital M
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:18:15 -0700

a while back I commented on my description of what a leica digital M would
look like and the functionality, it went like this

.....I have seen it, it is the spiting image of an M6 but a fat one, it will
hit
the store in Christmas just before the spending season. Leica has also
borrowed the back plain focus from contax ax and this camera will auto focus
as well.

6 meg ccd are too big and expensive for leica now, contax is  expecting to
price their new 6meg camera for 6k and they have a lot of resources so u
figure a leica one would cost over 10k, i don't think so. they are probably
much better off with a 5meg camera and step up to the higher res later one.
Let's face it our beloved leica is made by a tiny  company who is squeaking
by qtr by qtr.....

Well, today I got a private email from leica eastern reason sales manger
asking where I got this info?

His email.....

Your information regarding the Leica MD6 was forwarded to me by one of my
dealers.  I find the description very interesting.  Perhaps you can tell me
where you are getting your information from and where you saw the camera.
Regards,
James Wagner
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Leica Camera Inc.