Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh.. bah!
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:42:34 -0700

Juan J. Buhler wrote:

> photographers will be the first ones to be open to learning about a
> concept they hadn't heard about before. <<<<<

Hi Juan,
You're right, as I'm always learning something about photography although
I've been doing it professionally for 50 years come this September 17th. But
I never heard reference of the bokah thing until someone came up with it on
the LUG some years ago.

I thought, "well that's interesting I'll have a look."  And you know what? I
looked at hundreds of prints and slides from over the years and not one of
them would've been improved from some "silly effect" called bokeh! It's just
a an effect created by some lenses over an other.

Will it make a major difference to the photograph? Not bloody likely, unless
one is into artsy fartsy back ground picture taking! Even then, not likely
will 99% of the viewers, photographers and non even notice, nor pay any
attention to the out of focus background.

It's a no big deal thing that keeps raising its stupid head on the LUG and
as far as I'm concerned it still falls into the "who cares" category when it
comes to a working photographers efforts!
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Bokeh.. bah!)