Subject: [Leica] Scanning
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:01:26 -0700

OK, now that we have had scanning epistemology, ontology, and a Great
Schism over the hermeneutics of The Book of Nyquist, how 'bout some nuts 'n
bolts?

Hear ye, hear ye, all ye good folks who scan black and white *film*.  Do
you use "real" B&W or chromagenic film?  I'm particularly interested in
people who use film scanners and real black-and-white.  Have you had
problems with grain aliasing?  If so, what scanner do you use, what's its
resolution, and what do you do about the aliasing?  Defocus?  Scan at lower
resolution?  Limit the size of your prints?  Wave chicken entrails over
your head in a paper bag at midnight?

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Scanning)
Reply from "Steve Hickel" <smhickel@iserv.net> (Re: [Leica] Scanning)