Subject: [Leica] LEICA DICOMAR lens for Panasonic DV
From: "Weifu Lin" <wflin@tp.silkera.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:17:30 +0800

Hi,

I am very interested in the following news release that LEICA and Matsushita
had agreed to collaborate in the rapidly expanding global market of digital
still cameras. Any further information beside the news release?
http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/presse/data/02224/index_e.html

Matsushita Electric had launched their DV format camcorders, which known as
MX-3000/2000/2500, featuring the advanced Leica ‘DICOMAR’ Lens unit,
according to the news release.

I will be obliged if anyone respond for the following questions:

1. What is the meaning of the lens name ‘DICOMAR’. Why not VARIO-ELMAR?
2. The lens figure. What is the DICAMAR look like?
3. Who design the lens? Matsushita or LEICA itself?

Regards,

Weifu

Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] mxsmanic and pinholes)