Subject: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: Weirs99@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:18:16 EDT

hello list! need help. have just bought (on impulse) an m6 (#2279204) and a
black Canadian 35mm summilux (# 2167348). both work fine and metering is spot
on after tests shooting slide. Questions ~ 1. can anyone date year of
manufacture. 2. the lens has two circular 'ghost blobs' which are each approx
3mm wide. the glass needs cleaning but just wondered whether Canadian glass
is more prone to problems than 'German'? 3. I picked up both for £1175. Body
is spotless apart from winder wear on body and lens is as described. Was my
impulse buy a good one? 4. Canadian v's German summilux. Any differance on
performance? I have not been able to find any info on Canadian leica 35mm
summilux's! Thanks...

Stewart Weir
www.portfolios.com/weir

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] 3 Element 90/4 Elmar)