Subject: Re: [Leica] My heart say the 35mm f2 ASPH :-)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:47:27 -0700

Simon ALIBERT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not yet a Leica user, but I'm going to make the big step pretty soon, my
> question is quite simple, since I've got a 24mm (Nikon), 35mm(Hexar AF), I
> was wondering which lens I should buy, my heart say the 35mm f2 ASPH, but I
> heard a lots of good things about the new 28mm f 2 ASPH ...
> Should I sell my Hexar and bought the 35 Summicron ? Btw the Summicron ASPH
> is it much better than my fixed 35mm Hexar ? Or go for the 28mm ?
> Tons of thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Simon ALIBERT
> (hope my basic English is understandable :-)

Seems to depend on how much you like your Hexar!!!!
Are you at all dissatisfied with it?!!?
If not and it ain't broke I'd keep it!
Why sell something that works for you to get an unknown?
Get the unknown first and if it really replaces the Hexar and you really dont
need the Hexar any more THEN sell it.
Otherwise in my opinion you're not doing photography you're trading cameras.
I realize that is a strong opinion, but is mine none the less and i cherish
it...and would not trade it fore another one with out first trying it out and so on.....

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/