Subject: Re: [Leica] collapsible 35/1.4 ASPH, er I mean bicycle
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:13:23 -0400

on 8/15/01 1:58 AM, Dennis Painter at dennis@hale-pohaku.com wrote:

> Interesting bicycle. Are these common? I only see them in the US being sold to
> people that fly their own airplane and boaters.

Back in England my mother had a folding bicycle for years. I don't know why
as she never to my knowledge folded it. The disadvantage is more weight and
less strength but as she never cycled at more than a ambling walking pace it
didn't really matter.

Then in London my film editor Toby appeared one day with the pinnacle of all
folding bicycles, a Moulton. These are truly astounding machines, the Leica
of... well, you get the picture. He would get the train into London from
Salisbury, unfold his bicycle and cycle into the editing room.

I could never look at that bike without wanting one.

look here and you'll see what I mean

    http://www.alexmoulton.co.uk/ambikes/guide/pg01.htm

Like Leicas they are, depending on your point of view, either astoundingly
overpriced or astoundingly underpriced. At any rate the price tag has a
reassuring heft to it.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com