Subject: Re: [Leica] ask for help on buying leica lens
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:28:33 -0400

At 09:17 AM 8/16/01 -0500, Greg Coan wrote:
>I don¹t know about small items like that, but price their used lenses
>against Don Chatterton and the rest.  And their grading system is
>conservative, meaning even some of their "ugly" lenses are looking great.  I
>got a great deal on my 28mm Elmarit there.

Well, I got tired of sending over-rated items back to KEH five or six years
ago, and haven't done business with them since.  In the early and middle
1990's, though, they were absurdly over-priced and their gear was generally
over-graded.  The nice thing was that their staff were utterly ignorant of
what they were selling and often rarities were available for very low
prices.  (I picked up a set of Leitz LTM to M adapter rings for $25, for
instance, when the market would have supported a price of $75 each --
obviously, the pricing clerk had no idea what they were worth.)

So it seems that KEH has cleaned up their act.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] ask for help on buying leica lens)