Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop edit darker than it looks
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:16:50 +0200

Johnny writes:

> IE5 on the Mac is colorsync-savvy. Stuff I pump
> out of Photoshop always looks exactly the same
> in Explorer on my machine.

Hmm ... what about the images on my site?  Do they look okay?  Most of them have
been saved with embedded profile information, so if your Mac version of IE5 can
read that and make adjustments, everything should look fine.  The few times I've
looked at my site on a Mac, the images looked too washed out, no doubt because
of the gamma difference, but perhaps the machines in question were not set up
for color management, or maybe the particular images I looked at did not contain
profile information (I currently have PS set to embed it, and it has been that
way for a long time, but I don't know if it has been that way over the entire
lifetime of my site).

> the biggest problem is the issue of 1.8 v 2.2 gamma.

If IE5 can read embedded colorspace profiles, does that fix the gamma problem?

Are there any other Mac browsers that can handle color management?