Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: "Maira Egle" <egle@lrpv.lv>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:39:53 +0300

Oficially there should be no problems whether the lens is Canadian or
German - quality/technology is supposed to be the same, so why the <ghost
blobs>?
An the price seems to be OK.

Martin

hello list! need help. have just bought (on impulse) an m6 (#2279204) and a
black Canadian 35mm summilux (# 2167348). both work fine and metering is
spot
on after tests shooting slide. Questions ~ 1. can anyone date year of
manufacture. 2. the lens has two circular 'ghost blobs' which are each
approx
3mm wide. the glass needs cleaning but just wondered whether Canadian glass
is more prone to problems than 'German'? 3. I picked up both for £1175. Body
is spotless apart from winder wear on body and lens is as described. Was my
impulse buy a good one? 4. Canadian v's German summilux. Any differance on
performance? I have not been able to find any info on Canadian leica 35mm
summilux's! Thanks...

Stewart Weir
www.portfolios.com/weir