Subject: [Leica] Photoshop and Leica
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:49:12 -0500

I love using the Leica M camera for more reasons than the ultra sharp
lenses. It's just a great photographic instrument. And the best images
aren't always the sharpest.

Reading all the comments about Photoshop I pulled up an image that I spent
all of 10 minutes tweaking in PS (did not crop, however). It much improved
the original image, which was pretty boring. Not that this is too thrilling,
but it definately is an improvement, and it's kind of growing on me. Sadly,
I think I'm beginning to apply PS fx mentally as I look through the
viewfinder sometimes. Oh, the heresy!

The original, btw, was shot with a Leica M and 50/1.4 Summilux. Film was
Kodak E100VS scanned on an LS-30. The original was razer sharp, but it
looked too sterile. Again, sharpness isn't everything.

http://www.lightcurves.com/images/modsculp.jpg

Dave

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop and Leica)