Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA M Rebates:now bush league(?)
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:52:13 -0500

Jim wrote:
> Gee that's a surprise.  I just spent the entire year on the road and
> couldn't even get connected to AOL from the UK!  >

Jim, next time you are in UK, try these access numbers:

South East England 0808 99090001
North East England 0808 99690004
North West England 0808 99012652
Southwest England 1635 800 034 0802
Eastern England 0808 993 30484

> And if you want global wireless
>roaming, sign up for AT&T's "Global Connect" service.  They'll send
you a
> GSM card that plugs into any GSM phone.  Buy your phone in Europe as
the
> choices here in the US are limited.

I don't really need Global connect. and since most of my life is here
in the bush of Louisiana, I guess that further limits my choices.

> It is amateurish for a company like Leica to use AOL for thier email
> service.

No, that is just snobbish of you.  They probably have thEIr reasons.

>>>They have thier own domain (leica-camera.com).

I think that is Leica Germany's Domain

>The  thought of the president of Leica USA firing up that silly AOL
client and
> hearing "you've got mail" makes me cringe.

Maybe he doesn't have speakers.

Regards,
Sonny

Replies: Reply from "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica brand Spotmeter for all RF cameras)