Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA M Rebates:now bush league(?)
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@spectare.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:53:05 -0700

Gee that's a surprise.  I just spent the entire year on the road and
couldn't even get connected to AOL from the UK!  I dumped it right away
after that.  Earthlink is much better throughout Europe.

But the best global roaming solution of all is IPASS (http://www.ipass.com).
This is absolutely the best coverage you'll find bar none.  I used it all
over Europe, parts of North Africa and the Middle East, plus Turkey, Iran,
Pakistan, India and the Philippines.  And if you want global wireless
roaming, sign up for AT&T's "Global Connect" service.  They'll send you a
GSM card that plugs into any GSM phone.  Buy your phone in Europe as the
choices here in the US are limited.

It is amateurish for a company like Leica to use AOL for thier email
service.  They have thier own domain (leica-camera.com).  Not having thier
email accounts tied to that domain immediately tells people they don't have
the resources (or wherewithal) to manage a proper IT infrastructure.  The
thought of the president of Leica USA firing up that silly AOL client and
hearing "you've got mail" makes me cringe.

- --Jim
http://www.spectare.com