Subject: Re: [Leica] Dave Beckerman has switched to Leica
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:43:49 -0400

Ted Grant wrote:

> Is it going to make him a better photographer? Wait and see, as the
> equipment doesn't see the magic unless the photographer does in the first
> place....

THAT is the bottom line. HCB would have been HCB with a Brownie followed
by a Pentax. And you would still be Ted Grant even if we forced you to
use nothing by EOS1ns, or, Rebels, for that matter. They're tools,
damnit, and a really good cabinet maker can manage to produce some
pretty spiffy furniture with some pretty mediocre tools. Sure, having
"the best" tools - for you - really helps. But if you haven't got the
eye and heart/brain, fugedaboutit...

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] Dave Beckerman has switched to Leica)
Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Dave Beckerman has switched to Leica)