Subject: [Leica] Life at the barber shop
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:14:32 -0400

A little more than a week ago I started recording life in the local barber
shop.  This shop is an institution with maybe four generations meeting here.
Discussions range from SI to Forbes to Junior League to PTA.  Yep, the
ladies and moms feel comfortable in the shop.

All of the shots so far have been with a middle production 21 3.4 Super
Angulon.  Unfortunately, I don't have a viewfinder just yet so framing is
visual memory of what a 21 covers.  This is the beginning of a rough edit as
I spend more time in the shop, developing a viewpoint of how to represent
fairly life in this special place. It is really nice to be an amateur and
work the subject over a long period of time.

URL is http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=145317

Comments welcome

Don
dorysrus@minspring.com