Subject: Re: [Leica] Life at the barber shop
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 11:00:58 +0200

Don,

I think it is a great project and I look forward to seeing more of your
pictures. Of this initial set, I like the third one best (the customer smiling
at you). The first picture would also be good, but it is somewhat damaged by the
hot spot next to the boy's face. I also think that you should have turned a bit
to the left so as to not crop the head of the customer on the left edge of the
frame.

Nathan

Don Dory wrote:

> A little more than a week ago I started recording life in the local barber
> shop.  This shop is an institution with maybe four generations meeting here.
> Discussions range from SI to Forbes to Junior League to PTA.  Yep, the
> ladies and moms feel comfortable in the shop.
>
> All of the shots so far have been with a middle production 21 3.4 Super
> Angulon.  Unfortunately, I don't have a viewfinder just yet so framing is
> visual memory of what a 21 covers.  This is the beginning of a rough edit as
> I spend more time in the shop, developing a viewpoint of how to represent
> fairly life in this special place. It is really nice to be an amateur and
> work the subject over a long period of time.
>
> URL is http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=145317
>
> Comments welcome
>
> Don
> dorysrus@minspring.com