Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 12:08:14 -0700

I use a "shooter bag" or a small ammo pouch I got at the army/navy
store.
They are simple olive drab and both have been paddded with inserts and
good
quality foam that I covered in red felt. The shooter bag has 8 outside
pockets for film and accesories and enough room for my M6, a sekonic
508C,
extra M lenses and if I'm really feeling adventurous I can squeeze my
Pentax
645 with it's 75mm in there. It's about 14x10x10 (w h d)

The smaller ammo pouch holds an M6 with a 50, the meter, an extra lens
or two
and some other small items. It's tight but it works. The biggest
drawback is that they are not waterproof, but in the past I've packed
stuff in ziplock bags.

Both bags were dirt cheap and are pretty low key. The biggest problem is
that
you may be mistaken for an anarcist.

I also use an old black Leica case that holds an M and 2-3 lenses, some
film.
and the meter. By todays standards it looks like an antique and is
probaly more often mistaken for a purse (a MAN's purse that is. It's
European, you know?)
than a camera case.

cheers,

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999
        Feli di Giorgio * Compositing Supervisor * DIGITAL DOMAIN
       			      feli@d2.com * Ext. 3074

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?)