Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: My web site
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 08:54:12 +0200

Hi Félix,

The Summicron photo is very nice, although it seems just slightly tilted. The
Noctilux shot is nice too, the out-of-focus candles in the foreground give a
pleasing effect. The girl could be sharper, but I realize that shooting at f1
on 1600 film with slow shutter speed is not so easy.

I also have a comment on your accompanying text. You write (regarding the
Noctilux shot) that you do not think it is a good picture. I think you should
let the viewers make that determination. If you really do not think a
particular picture is not good, then do not put it on the web (unless you
intend it as an illustration of some technique in the context of a tutorial).
If you do put a picture on the web, then you should not make excuses for
it--and in this case none are needed.

Nathan

Félix López de Maturana wrote:

> I finally learnt how to built up a small web site thanks to the help of
> Steve Barbour. There I put two of my pictures, not particularly good ones,
> but which merit for me is to have been the truly first pictures taken with
> my last Leica lenses : the Summicron 28mm f1:2 ASPH and the Noctilux. Two
> oustanding lenses! As I have been in the past truly hard in my judges with
> everybody in the list is now your turn to give your more "strong" opinions
> about these two pictures.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Félix López de Maturana
>
> My web site: http://fmaturanavizcaya.tripod.com/fmaturana/