Subject: Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:41:45 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

> Excuse me.  I am not following this.  Why would a "black slab" copy machine
> be more inclined to get knocked over than, say, a white slab copy machine,
> or whatever?  And, if it did get knocked over, what sort of litigation
> would result?  On what theory?

It had nothing to do with the color of the slab. Imagine something like
the
monolith in 2001. Now imagine it tipping over for god knows what reason
(regardless of it being bolted in to the floor) and falling on someone.

> I do get really tired of the constant whingeing over attorneys.  We guys do
> more to protect your rights than you recognize, so learn a bit about the
> way the legal system operates before making gratuitous slams at the
> occupations of others.
> Marc

Well, I obviously didn't think it was a problem, since that's the way I
designed it. It was my teacher who went off in that direction. I also
don't think that all attorneys are ambulance chasers, I myself have a
few
lawyers in my family. Anything I said certainly wasn't directed at you
personaly,
I don't even know you. But I do think that there are individuals (just
like
in any business) that give the rest of the profession a bad reputation.
I'd love to see the good lawyers jump on them.

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999
        Feli di Giorgio * Compositing Supervisor * DIGITAL DOMAIN
       			      feli@d2.com * Ext. 3074

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings)