Subject: Re: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:06:07 -0400

At 11:20 AM 9/7/01 -0700, Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:
>When I was studying industrial design, I had to design a
>copy
>machine. I built a lifesize mockup that resembled a black slab. It was
>rejected, because they were worried that if it somehow got knocked
>over(eventhough it was bolted in to the floor), it would open up the
>buyer to a huge lawsuit.

Excuse me.  I am not following this.  Why would a "black slab" copy machine
be more inclined to get knocked over than, say, a white slab copy machine,
or whatever?  And, if it did get knocked over, what sort of litigation
would result?  On what theory?

I do get really tired of the constant whingeing over attorneys.  We guys do
more to protect your rights than you recognize, so learn a bit about the
way the legal system operates before making gratuitous slams at the
occupations of others.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!