Subject: [Leica] Re: Noct vs 50 'lux
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:19:11 -0400

2001-09-07-16:48:06 Rodgers, David:
> I heard something similar to your statement from a Leica rep a while back.
> Improving performance of current 50/1.4 M would require increasing the size
> of the lens. The current 50/1.4 is excellent. Apparently any performance
> gain wouldn't justify the increase in size.

Yeah, but... I've been blown away by the look of the new 50/1.4 R lens
wide open.  I really really wish I could have that lens or the
equivalent on the body I use several times more often for that focal
length.  Even if it were, say, Nokton-sized.  (Although I betcha those
clever lasses and lads in Solms could do better).