Subject: Re: [Leica] Two questions - Leica CL and Leica IIIf
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:41:33 -0500

Brian -

The silver button is the battery check.  Look through the viewfinder and
turn the shutter speed dial until a small black pointer appears in the
notch at the upper right of the viewfinder.  Then, still looking through
the viewfinder, press the little silver button on the front of the
body.  If the battery is good, the meter needle will deflect at least as
far as the middle notch of the metering window.  If it doesn't deflect
that far, try a new battery.

Others have addressed the IIIf questions in full.