Subject: Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long)
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:15:56 -0700

> Since Glenn must be intimately familiar with Quicktime, could you ask for
> his comments wrt it's suitablity for the kind of projected slide
> presentations we're talking about as well as some authoring tool
> recommendations?

iMovie does not actually use QuickTime, except as an export option. iMovie
does its own display management. I know that my brother is quite scornful
of QuickTime, feeling that its time has come and gone and that the world
needs newer standards. QuickTime was a necessary evil at a time when all
computers were slow and all disks were small, but things are different now.

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> ([Leica] Aging Quicktime)