Subject: [Leica] Aging Quicktime
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:30:13 -0700

Brian,
First, please thank your brother for his feedback.  I can undestand his
disdain for QT, but I love it.  Though Quicktime may be well past its prime
and extended beyond recognition it's still the only thing out there will
play video, audio, QTVR panoramas.  And now, with the addition of cubic
QTVR, I can finally do away with that evil IPIX player as soon as I figure
out how to slice up and stitch fisheye hemispheres into a cube.

People hate downloading a separate player for different types of media on a
website.  Having just one for all types ia huge advantage.  When we did
Mungo Park, people had to download 3 different players and the net result
was that most people never got the full experience.  Even I will sometimes
pass up a website if it means I have to install a special viewer that I
don't normally need.

- --Jim