Subject: Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long)
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:16:03 -0500

>Ubuiquity is important.  In the case of deployment on the web, you want to
>have the best chance that the viewer will be able to see your presentation
>without downloading anything.  Acrobat reader is everywhere.
>
>Is it possible to synchronize audio?  I understand that you can embed a
>sound on a page, but a key feature for is the ability to have the slide
>transitions synched with an audio track, just like we used to do with tape
>decks and multiple projectors.  You don't want a break in the audio whenever
>a slide changes.  You've seen those Ken Burns documentary productions on
>PBS, where hoe shows old photographs, with background music and narration on
>top?  That's what I'm after, but at a resolution that is high enough (at
>least 1024x768) to be projected with pleasing results.
>
>--Jim
Resolution is not a problem.

 I don't know about the synced audio question. I'd have to guess that the
way to make that happen is to have the photos appear in a "window" on a
page, (as a movie that has audio and video together already)? There's
probably a better/smarter way!
I have not done this particular thing but I suspect its quite doable. If
you can find a copy of Acrobat v4 there is a demo on the disk that might
be a good example of what you want. I think its a Travel Agent
presentation.

Henry