Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: New Aviation Rules
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:15:56 -0700

At 12:08 AM 10/5/2001 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:

>Do we even have GSM here in the US?  I'm not sure, I only have experience
>with T/CDMA phones and systems.
>
>Thanks!

Yes indeed, we do.

"
Unlike Sprint PCS, Omnipoint's GSM service is available only in parts of
the U.S., including southern New England, New York, New Jersey, eastern
Pennsylvania, Delaware, Indiana, southeastern Florida, and the major Great
Lakes cities. All GSM phones are data-enabled and can be used for voice
mail notification, paging, and SMS messages.
"

I wrote the software (firmware) for Omnipoint's original spread spectrum
base stations (cell sites.)

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: New Aviation Rules)