Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: New Aviation Rules
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:35:41 -0400

2001-10-05-01:15:56 Jim Brick:
> Unlike Sprint PCS, Omnipoint's GSM service is available

[...]

Now called Voicestream, no?

I love GSM.  I was able to pop my SIM card out of my US-only phone,
pop it into a friend's tri-band phone, and have people reach me at my
usual New York number with seamless lack of drama in Paris.  It'd be
nice if there were more/better SMS gateways, though -- I can't for the
life of me send an SMS message to someone a few blocks away who has a
Sprint phone (the system claims the message was "sent" but drops it
on the floor), but to a friend's phone in London -- no problem, it's
within the GSM system.

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: New Aviation Rules)
Message from "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: New Aviation Rules)
Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: Re: New Aviation Rules)