Subject: [Leica] Re: Week 40 in Denver
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:27:38 -0700

At 01:03 PM 10/8/2001 -0600, Bill in Denver wrote:
>Hi gang
>
>Week 40 in Denver is up http://www.photobynelsch.com/PAW/40.html (only 12
>more to go!)  I swear to you, this picture was taken October 5, 2001 at
>about 11:30 a.m.  The old time feel is a product of the subject matter (the
>AARPCO convention which was held here in Denver this past weekend
>http://www.aaprco.com/ ),an overcast sky which I boosted in PS6.0 and the
>funky color achieved by adjusting the 18% gray.  The film was Portra 160 VC,
>the lens was the 28mm PC Super Angelon, and the body was of course the R8.
>
>Enjoy.
>
>Bill in Denver

Great photograph Bill. I really like the mood it instills.

The only thing I can suggest is that you put one of those "Hama" levels in
the hot shoe of your R8. If you look at the photograph carefully, you can
see that the camera points down slightly. The verticals at the right and
left edges of the frame lean out. I only say this because you said that you
used the 28PC. Therefore, the camera should have been dead level and use
lens shift to frame vertically. You probably did use shift but if the
camera isn't absolutely level, it is difficult to control.

I have several of these double levels and always have one in the hot shoe
of any camera that I have on a tripod. Keeps the horizon straight and
allows one to keep verticals straight via lens shift.

Jim